Enterprise Transformation and Change Management using MC3 TM
Nihilent's Enterprise Transformation Practice partners with clients in successfully translating business strategies into definitive results by enabling a culture of learning, innovation, collaboration, and performance. The consulting practice is based on Nihilent’s patented change framework, MC3
(MC cube) and is supported by proprietary tools and technologies.
See our MC3 TM framework
The framework is a metrics based model that helps companies to continuously monitor business goals and undertake initiatives to enhance performance. Nihilent’s MC3 TM
transforms an organization’s Vision (Business Strategies) into Reality (Business Results) by:
- Identifying the extent of gap between Vision and Reality
- Defining clear-cut objectives, measures and action plans at all levels
- Bridging the gap between customer expectations and organizational performance
- Creating a role based organization
- Capturing skills and competency matrix of individuals
- Identifying a learning agenda for every individual
- Creating a culture of learning, sharing, collaboration and innovation
- Fostering an environment of continuous experimentation and improvement
- Introducing change management to institutionalize learning
- Calibrating corporate performance continuously using Lamat TM
- MC3 TM Audit
- Change Management Workshops
- Balanced Scorecard and Dashboards
- Capability Assessment and Development
- Knowledge Mapping and Gap Determination
- Business Process Re-engineering (Lean Six sigma approach)
- Innovation Management
- Customer Experience Management
Integrated Performance Management
(Visit www.mc3consulting.com for more information)
- South Africa’s leading media conglomerate: This company provides premium television entertainment through its DStv, DStv Indian and DStv Portuguese bouquets to over 1.3 million subscribers in South Africa. Nihilent used its patented framework MC3 TM (change management) as a comprehensive approach and a well-defined input to integrated performance management model. Nihilent helped to translate the strategy in well-defined operational terms and alignment of measurement system to overall strategy
- Global energy and chemical company, South Africa: The client, a global player in chemicals and fuels had used Nihilent in 2004 for Strategy Execution using the Balanced Scorecard. After 4 years of successful BSC implementation, the client called Nihilent back in 2008 to re-look at their scorecards and ensure the alignment. Nihilent reviewed 120 scorecards in 2 months time with gap analysis to meet the chemical major’s new business objectives
- South African Airlines major: A pan-African airline with a global reach engaged Nihilent to develop the competency management system using CASTM. This involved a ten months engagement, which focused on developing the platform for HR and Business to establish the link between competence and performance; study the misfit in the current skills compared to those required for the future. Nihilent helped the airline develop and drive the performance management system for 600 roles
- Revenue services agency, South Africa: Nihilent was engaged to consult with the Commissioner’s Office and the Strategy and Planning Division in integrating the Metrics Office, Management Information System (MIS) and Process Documentation for its tax collection services
The Nihilent Advantage
- A holistic view of consulting on key strategic assets of an organization - People, Process, Technology and Knowledge
- Strategy execution using the patented MC3 TM framework which looks at an all -round organisation transformation
- Focus on continuous improvement with client engagement at the epicentre of value creation
- Metrics based delivery model bringing incremental to transformational change in Time, Quality, Cost, and Productivity
“In today’s software marketplace, the principal focus is on cost, schedule and function; quality is lost in the noise. This is unfortunate since poor quality performance is the root cause of most software cost, and schedule problems”
More than ever, companies want to deliver products and services better, faster, and cheaper. At the same time, in the high-technology environment of the twenty-first century, nearly all organizations have found themselves building increasingly complex products and services. Almost all companies are facing challenges, some of which are:
Nihilent’s framework based process improvement approach
- Rising costs
- Requirements volatility
- Task-based development approach
- Problems in institutionalization of agile practices and sustained benefits.
- No common process improvement framework across multiple disciplines
- Low management visibility into progress
- Sustainability issues
The theories of process management are a synthesis of the concepts of Deming, Crosby, Juran, and others. Over the past 30 years, these theories have been used to address problems common to many organizations. Solutions have been discovered, but a gap existed between the state of the practice and the state of the art.
Many of these concepts have been used to build process-improvement frameworks such as CMMI, ITIL, COBIT, and ISO etc. These frameworks are used as benchmarks to establish build and inculcate process culture that are aligned with business objectives.
Nihilent's process improvement offerings are based on the practitioners approach with a strong theoretical grounding. In other words, Nihilent walks the talk with its customers.
Nihilent’s Process Improvement Practice offers very senior and experienced Lead Appraisers who are actively supported by other consultants with wide and rich process consulting experience. Nihilent’s consultants have provided process improvement consulting to many of the world’s leading organizations spanning across verticals such as Automotive, Embedded systems, Manufacturing, Defence, banking & FINANCE, utilities, retail, railways, telecom infrastructure and information technology.
Nihilent helps its clients to assess their IT processes, plan improvements, implement change and measure results, and provide help and guidance in this journey. Our consultants have implemented process improvement programs for clients using various international quality frameworks/models that include ISO 9001, CMMI, ITIL, COBIT, PMBOK, ISO 20000, ISO 27001 and IEEE among others. With a strong theoretical subject knowledge and wide practical experience, the process improvement consulting practice continues to grow at a rapid pace. Nihilent has had successful business relationships with many leading companies in the USA, Europe, South Africa, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Egypt, Iran, Czech, UAE, KSA, China, India and many more.
Process Improvement Offerings –
Why Nihilent is clients’ first choice
- Practical & pragmatic Solution
- Aggressive implementation
- Robust institutionalization
- Emphasis on outcome than mere output
- Partnership & collaborative approach
- Speedy change management
- International presence and multi-cultural experience
Encentric Inc. (Pennsylvania, USA)
“We thank Nihilent for all the help, assistance and teaching throughout the whole CMMI process. Your professional services have been paramount for us in order to achieve our goal. We appreciate all the accommodations you did in order to go along with us during this engagement”
- Mr. Omar Quintero – President
Chrysler India Automotive Pvt. Ltd. (Chennai-India)
“Chrysler was extremely happy with the quality of service provided by Nihilent's consultants. We would like to appreciate them for their hard work and dedication and for excellent teaching of a complex subject.
Knowledge and skills of Nihilent’s consultants was very good. Special mention must be made that they adapted very well to the automotove domain (non_IT).
When it comes to accessibility and comfort level, excellent access 24/7 - Nihilent’s consultants always picked up and answered the call wherever and whatever time it was around the world.”
- Mr. Suman Nelluri: General Manager SEA SQ Operations
eJyothi & Ascella Technologies Inc. (Chennai–India, McLean – USA)
“The quality of service was very good. Nihilent’s consultants provided expert guidance throughout the appraisal process and our team appreciates their practical and collaborative approach. The Lead Appraiser was always accessible and was pleasant to work with.”
- Mr. Prabha Narath – SEPG Head
Raqmiyat Information Technology Pvt. Ltd. (Chennai–India; Dubai, Abu Dhabi–UAE; Riyadh–Kingdom of Saudi Arabia)
“Nihilent Technologies has been associated with us for the past two years and they have been found to be very knowledgeable and passionate in the assignments they have undertaken with us. They have been very supportive in journey to achieve CMMI Dev. Ver. 1.3 Maturity Level 3 for our ODC in June 2012. This has encouraged us to further associate M/s Nihilent for our endeavor to aim for CMMI SVC Ver. 1.3 by June 2013 for our Corporate Office at Dubai and our facilities at Abu Dhabi and KSA. We at Raqmiyat are having exciting experience with M/s Nihilent and are very happy and satisfied to be partnering with them for our all process improvement initiatives.”
- Mr. Ramachandran G: Senior Manager, QA.
Fujitsu Consulting India Pvt. Ltd. (Pune, Noida, Hyderabad – India)
“We got the best of services from Nihilent’s consultant and Lead Appraisers. They made sure to provide all the hand holding in the process of helping us achieve CMMI SVC Level 3.”
- Ms. Swati Karandikar: Head Quality
Standard Bank (Johannesburg, South Africa)
“Nihilent’s consultants guide us through the processes and critically audit the progress of every phase. They’ve been most accommodating and have brought several insights, knowledge and guidance to the team.”
- Mr. Selvan Naidu – Program Manager – Standard Bank South Africa.
TVS Infotech Ltd. (Chennai–India)
“Services with respect to Consulting, Training and Appraisal were good. Nihilent’s associates have exhibited good professional attitude towards their engagement. It has been a great learning for the ATMs as well as the interviewees. They are able to appreciate the value of CMMI and its benefits. Replies to queries were prompt thru mails and calls.”
- Mr. G. Ramanathan: COO.
Business Process Consulting at Nihilent is a systematic and scientific approach to understand and improve the strategic thrust rather than to merely improve the process output. Hence the Business Process Management (BPM) engagement at Nihilent always starts with understanding business to relate and align the process output to business results.
Nihilent adopts a 3 phase approach towards Business Process Management
- Intelligent Cost Reduction (ICR)
- In the areas of product design, Input material spend, Inventory and production
- Turnaround time and quality management using Lean manufacturing and Six sigma approach
- Continuous improvement using Kaizen and 5S programs
- Business Process standardization as per the requirement
- Consultancy to develop a lean operating model
- Execution Management: This phase focuses on understanding and mapping the process including input, output, constraints and roles
Performance Management: This phase focuses on identifying the key performance indicators. There are 2 types of indicators that are identified to ensure the short term and long term business impact.These are Performance measures and Diagnostic measures
Risk Management: This phase follows a scientific P-FMEA approach to identify the current and future potential risks to the process. It also identifies the Early Warning Signals (EWS) and the mitigation plans/actions
Enterprise Architecture and Strategic IT Planning is an analysis and planning methodology designed to develop short and long-range information systems plans to support the business strategies. It is a process in which the organization defines and implements its Information and Technology usage for a future period.
The objectives of an Enterprise Architecture and Strategic IT Planning study is to produce a set of business models, a set of recommendations and an agreed plan for information systems development and management, which will serve the organization’s current and future needs, while taking account of organizational, financial and technical constraints
The services include Application Portfolio Review (APR)
- Application and data ownership
- Business adequacy
- Business coverage and criticality
- Data and transaction integrity
- Application stability, Interoperability, extensibility, STP & constraints
- Documentation and support